Offered through the Department of Computer Science, the Master of Science in Computer Science helps students acquire advanced programming and coding skills that going beyond basic concepts to cover topics such as artificial intelligence, graphic and user interface and cloud computing.
Taught by faculty from top-tier institutions and within the growing tech industry of the mid-Atlantic region, students can expect a rigorous curriculum that builds on the foundations of computer science while offering course options that address modern technological issues in the following areas:
- Algorithms and theory
- Computer architecture, networks, parallel and distributed computing
- Computer security and information assurance
- Database and information retrieval systems
- Machine intelligence and cognition
- Multimedia, animation, graphics and user interface
- Software engineering and systems
- Credit hours: 30
- Thesis options: Thesis and non-thesis options are available. If student pursues a thesis, coursework will be replaced by research credit courses; if student does not pursue a thesis, additional coursework will fill the remaining credit hours.
- Duration: Two years (full-time) or three years (part-time)
Do you work at Booz Allen Hamilton?
If so, you may be eligible to participate in the department's cohort program with Booz Allen Hamilton employees.
- Bachelor's degree in any field with coursework in the following areas:
- Mathematics: Two courses beyond calculus level
- Lab science: One year's worth of coursework
- Computer science: Prior coursework in a structured language, discrete structures, data structures or computer architecture
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent achieved on the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate work.
Successful submission of online application form, exam scores and other documents as outlined in the admissions requirements.
- Master's Programs
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Construction Engineering
- Cybersecurity in Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Regulatory Biomedical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Five-Year Program
- International Programs & Partnerships
- Booz Allen Hamilton Cohort