Graduate Certificate Program
Offered through the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the graduate certificate in Environmental Engineering offers students the opportunity to learn the principles of environmental chemistry and microbiology to assess environmental quality and impacts, as well as the basic concepts of water, air and terrestrial environments. Students will also learn the commonly used processes for water and wastewater treatment, such as sedimentation, coagulation and filtration.
The program is comprised of 12 credit hours and completed through four courses, three of which are required and one elective course.
Student choose from among three focus areas:
- Hazardous Waste Remediation
- Advanced Technologies in Environmental Engineering
- Engineering Design and Impact Assessment
Prospective students must fulfill the certificate admissions requirements through submission of a complete online application form and other documents as listed by the deadlines noted.
Please note: First-time international applicants may not apply directly to a certificate program.
Current SEAS graduate students who wish to complete a certificate along with their master's or doctoral program must also follow the certificate admissions requirements, but may opt to have their transcripts and documents transferred from their previous application. Please contact [email protected] to make the request.
Transfer to Master's Program
Upon successful completion of a certificate program, students have the option to transfer credits to a full master's program at the School of Engineering & Applied Science. Please note: You must receive a B or higher in each course in order for it to transfer. Additionally, you must submit a new application for the selected master's program and provide the required documents and exam scores as part of the master's program admissions requirements.
For any questions, please contact [email protected].
- Master's Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Computer-Integrated Design in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Security and Information Assurance
- Emergency Management and Public Health
- Energy Engineering and Management
- Engineering and Technology Management
- Environmental and Energy Systems Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Greenhouse Gas Management
- High-Performance Computing
- Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Structural Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Five-Year Program
- Preferred International Partnership Program
- Booz Allen Hamilton Corporate Partnership Program