If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program at a different institution in the United States and would like to transfer to a graduate program at GW's School of Engineering & Applied Science, please note:
- There is no separate application process for transfer applicants. All applicants - master's and doctoral - must simply submit an application through our regular admissions process, following the same deadlines and requirements as first-time applicants.
- Please make sure to upload an unofficial copy of your most recent transcripts to the application which should indicate your current enrollment status at the institution you are transferring from.
- In your Statement of Purpose, please explain why you are transferring graduate programs.
- We will holistically evaluate all transfer applicants and will consider requests for exceptions to our current policies regarding the number of classes that may be transferred as counting towards our programs.
- GW accepts a maximum of 6 credit hours or equivalent from other institutions to be applied toward your graduate program at GW. To determine which courses may be transferred, you must first apply and be admitted to the program at SEAS. Without the opportunity to review your full application package, we are unable to determine in advance which of your courses are eligible for transfer.
- Upon admission, you may consult with our team of Professional Advisors who can assist you with transferring your credits to GW.
- Any request to transfer beyond the 6 credit maximum will require approval from the program's department and SEAS Dean's Office. This review is conducted on a case by case basis after admission and is not guaranteed for approval.
Science and Engineering Hall (SEH)
800 22nd Street NW
Washington, DC 20052