Master of Science in Computer Science program
The program seeks to address the growing demand in the public and private sectors for professionals skilled in big data and data analytics. After completing core required courses, students go through the topics in computer science that constitute the foundations of data analytics from a technical perspective. All students are expected to work on their final thesis at the end of the program.
This program is offered by ADA University School of Information Technologies & Engineering in Baku, Azerbaijan and the George Washington University School of Engineering & Applied Science. It is taught over 5 semesters, of which three semesters take place in Baku and two semesters in Washington DC. During their study in Washington DC, students will have access to a world-class campus, including labs, centers, and institutes of research located in the Science & Engineering Hall. Classes will be taught at GW Main Campus in Foggy Bottom and ADA International building located just blocks from campus in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Upon completion of the MS in Computer Science program, students are eligible to continue their studies at ADA to receive an MS in Data Analytics.
The program is funded within the framework of the “State Program on improving the international competitiveness of the higher education system in the Republic of Azerbaijan for 2019-2023”, and by BP and its Co-Venturers. All participants in this program receive full funding from State Program and BP and its Co-Venturers to cover their tuition fees, travel costs, and living expenses in Washington DC.
Learn more about the program curriculum by semester.
View the video message of Dr. John Lach, dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Science of George Washington University.
- Bachelor's degree in any field with coursework in the following areas:
- Mathematics: Two courses beyond calculus level
- Computer Science: Strong background in the form of prior coursework (for example at least 4 courses such as Programming Principles I and II, Discrete Math, Data Structures and Algorithms) and course projects. Consideration will be given for equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent achieved on the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate work. This is roughly equivalent to 80 on a 100 scale.
- English language scores:
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) score of at least a 100 (including TOEFL at home) or
- IELTS overall band score of a 7.0 with no individual band score below a 6.0 or
- PTE Academic score of at least 68 or
- Duolingo Online Exam score of at least 120
- Note: Waivers for English language requirement is given only in the following cases:
- Native language is English
- Studied at a degree level in English in an English-speaking country
- This program is currently open only for citizens of Azerbaijan.
- Bachelor’s diploma translated into English and notary-certified
- Those who are in the last year of their undergraduate program must submit a document with their expected graduation date
- Final year undergraduate students may apply only if they are expected to graduate by the end of July
- Bachelor’s diploma supplement or official transcripts translated into English and notary-certified
- CV/Resume listing educational and employment experiences
- Recent photo
- National Identification Card
- Statement of Purpose. Must not exceed 400 words.
- Test Scores:
- English Proficiency Test (see above for details)
- Master Admission exam by State Examination Center
- This test requires separate registration at the SEC website. Check their webpage regularly for their dates and deadlines.
- A minimum score of 45 is required for eligibility
- Prospective students may submit their application before taking this test, but the scores must be sent before the application deadline.
Application deadline: March 1
Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview at ADA University. Candidates selected after the interviews will be required to apply to the George Washington University.
Want to learn more?
Visit the ADA website to learn more about this program.
Contact: [email protected]; +99450 256 99 06