The School of Engineering & Applied Science offers graduate certificates in a variety of engineering, computer, and other cross-disciplinary fields. Ideal for working professionals or those who simply seek additional education beyond the undergraduate level, most of the graduate certificates can be completed within 12-18 months through evening and online coursework.
Upon successful completion of a certificate, students have the option to transfer credits to a full master's program.*
Similarly, current master's and doctoral students at SEAS may earn a graduate certificate along with their degree. Please visit the certificate application requirements page for more information.
*Note: Students who opt to pursue a master's degree following the certificate program must fulfill the master's admissions requirements, including submission of GRE scores and other required documents.
Certificate Programs by Department
Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Smart Cities and Transportation
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Engineering Management & Systems Engineering
- Emergency Management and Public Health
- Energy Engineering and Management
- Energy Systems Management
- Engineering and Technology Management
- Environmental and Energy Systems Management
- Environmental Systems Management
- Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Systems Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering