Graduate Certificate Program
Offered through the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the graduate certificate program in Geoenvironmental Engineering is designed for civil engineers to develop a deeper understanding of the practice of geoenvironmental engineering.
Students can expect to learn about soil mineralogy, clay-water-electrolyte systems, soil composition, fabric, structure, and more. In addition, students acquire understanding of hazardous waste regulations, including RCRA and Superfund, as well as design techniques for waste minimization and containment systems for waste disposal and remediation.
The program is comprised of 12 credit hours completed through four courses:
- Required courses:
- Fundamentals of Soil Behavior
- Containment Systems for Waste Disposal and Remediation Systems for Subsurface Contamination
- Introduction to Hazardous Waste
- Environmental Chemistry
- Water and wastewater treatment process
- Advanced Treatment Processes
- Groundwater and Seepage
- Pollution Transport Systems
Transfer to Master's Program
Upon successful completion of a certificate program, students have the option to transfer credits to a full master's program at the School of Engineering & Applied Science, pending successful completion of the master's program admissions requirements.
Please note: You must receive a B or higher in each course in order for it to transfer. Additionally, you must submit a new application for the selected master's program and provide the required documents and exam scores listed as part of the master's program admissions requirements.
For any questions, please contact [email protected].
- Master's Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Computer-Integrated Design in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Security and Information Assurance
- Emergency Management and Public Health
- Energy Engineering and Management
- Engineering and Technology Management
- Environmental and Energy Systems Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Greenhouse Gas Management
- High-Performance Computing
- Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Structural Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Five-Year Program
- International Programs & Partnerships
- Booz Allen Hamilton Cohort