Graduate Certificate Program
Offered through the Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, the graduate certificate in Computer-Integrated Design in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering equips professional engineers with hands-on training in design methodologies and software to meet today's demand for information technology used in producing sophisticated and highly miniaturized mechanical devices. Emphasis is placed on applied engineering through the latest industry-standard computer design and analysis programs.
All courses are held in-person on GW's main campus in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Courses are typically held in the late afternoon or early evening.
The certificate is comprised of four courses (12 credit hours):
- MAE 6220: Applied Computational Fluid Dynamics
- MAE 6243: Advanced Mechanical Engineering Design
- MAE 6246: Electromechanical Control Systems
- MAE 6287: Applied Finite Element Methods
Prospective students must fulfill the certificate admissions requirements through submission of a complete online application form and other documents as listed by the deadlines noted.
Please note: First-time international applicants may not apply directly to a certificate program.
Current graduate students who wish to complete a certificate along with their master's or doctoral program must also follow the certificate admissions requirements, but may opt to have their transcripts and documents transferred from their previous application. Please contact [email protected] to make the request.
Transfer to Master's Program
Upon successful completion of a certificate program, students have the option to transfer credits to a full master's program at the School of Engineering & Applied Science. Please note: You must receive a B or higher in each course in order for it to transfer. Additionally, you must submit a new application for the selected master's program and provide the required documents and exam scores listed as part of the master's program admissions requirements.
For any questions, please contact [email protected].
- Master's Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Computer-Integrated Design in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Security and Information Assurance
- Emergency Management and Public Health
- Energy Engineering and Management
- Engineering and Technology Management
- Environmental and Energy Systems Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Greenhouse Gas Management
- High-Performance Computing
- Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Structural Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Five-Year Program
- International Programs & Partnerships
- Booz Allen Hamilton Cohort