Graduate Certificate Program
The 5G and beyond graduate certificate program is designed for current and prospective telecommunication professionals, wireless engineers, and research scientists who wish to gain technical expertise and become fluent in new-generation wireless communications and networks. Upon completion of the program, graduates will possess a sound, up-to-date technical background in modern wireless systems.
All courses are held in a hybrid format combining online and in-person teaching activities taking place on GW's main campus in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washington, DC. Courses are typically held in the late afternoon or early evening to accommodate working professionals.
The following requirements must be fulfilled: 12 credits, including 9 credits in required courses and one 3-credit elective course.
- ECE 6015: Stochastic Processes in Engineering
- ECE 6510: Communication Theory
- ECE 6520: Mobile and Wireless Communication Systems
And one of the following:
- ECE 6020: Applied Electromagnetics
- ECE 6580: Wireless Networks
- ECE 6760: Propagation Modeling in Wireless Communications
Prospective students must fulfill the certificate admissions requirements through submission of a complete online application form and other documents as listed by the deadlines noted.
Please note: First-time international applicants may not apply directly to a certificate program.
Current graduate students who wish to complete a certificate along with their master's or doctoral program must also follow the certificate admissions requirements, but may opt to have their transcripts and documents transferred from their previous application. Please contact [email protected] to make the request.
Transfer to Master's Program
Upon successful completion of a certificate program, students have the option to transfer credits to a full master's program at the School of Engineering & Applied Science, pending successful completion of the master's program admissions requirements.
Please note: You must receive a B or higher in each course in order for it to transfer. Additionally, you must submit a new application for the selected master's program and provide the required documents and exam scores listed as part of the master's program admissions requirements.
For any questions, please contact [email protected].
- Master's Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- 5G and Beyond
- Computer-Integrated Design in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Security and Information Assurance
- Emergency Management and Public Health
- Energy Engineering and Management
- Energy Systems Management
- Engineering and Technology Management
- Environmental and Energy Systems Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Systems Management
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- High-Performance Computing
- Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Machine Intelligence
- Medical Device Regulation and Evaluation
- Smart Cities and Transportation
- Structural Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Trustworthy AI for Decision Making Systems
- Five-Year Program
- ADA & GW SEAS Partnership Program
- Gateway to Computer Science
- NYU Tandon Bridge Program
- Flex-Start Program
- Online Programs
- Federal Academic Alliance