Graduate Certificate Program
Offered through the Department of Engineering Management and Systems Engineering, the graduate certificate program in Engineering and Technology Management helps students understand management theory and practice as it is applied to engineering projects and organizations.
The program emphasizes the study of general management issues as well as specific methods in resolving such problems in practice.
All courses are held in-person on GW's main campus in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Courses are typically held in the late afternoon or early evening to accommodate working professionals.
The program is comprised of 12 credits and completed through 4 courses:
EMSE 6820: Program and Project Management
EMSE 6001 The Management of Technical Organization
EMSE 6020 Decision Making with Uncertainty
EMSE 6410 Engineering Economic Analysis
Prospective students must fulfill the certificate admissions requirements through submission of a complete online application form and other documents as listed by the deadlines noted.
Please note: First-time international applicants may not apply directly to a certificate program.
Current graduate students who wish to complete a certificate along with their master's or doctoral program must also follow the certificate admissions requirements, but may opt to have their transcripts and documents transferred from their previous application. Please contact [email protected] to make the request.
Transfer to Master's Program
Upon successful completion of a certificate program, students have the option to transfer credits to a full master's program at the School of Engineering & Applied Science.
Please note: You must receive a B or higher in each course in order for it to transfer. Additionally, you must submit a new application for the selected master's program and provide the required documents and exam scores listed as part of the master's program admissions requirements.
For any questions, please contact [email protected].
- Master's Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- 5G and Beyond
- Computer-Integrated Design in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Security and Information Assurance
- Emergency Management and Public Health
- Energy Engineering and Management
- Energy Systems Management
- Engineering and Technology Management
- Environmental and Energy Systems Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Systems Management
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- High-Performance Computing
- Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Machine Intelligence
- Medical Device Regulation and Evaluation
- Smart Cities and Transportation
- Structural Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Five-Year Program
- ADA & GW SEAS Partnership Program
- Gateway to Computer Science
- NYU Tandon Bridge Program
- Flex-Start Program
- Online Programs
- Federal Academic Alliance