Each summer, the SEAS Graduate Ambassador program recruits current and incoming students to play pivotal roles in leadership by building and facilitating the graduate student community at the School of Engineering & Applied Science.
SEAS Graduate Ambassadors engage with new and current graduate students, as well as participate in activities to encourage research awareness and innovation. Each serves a one-year term that come with leadership training and opportunities to host orientation events, student activities and other duties as assigned by the Office of Graduate Admissions & Student Services.
- All degree levels and fields of study at SEAS may apply.
- Open to domestic and international students.
- Strong academic background.
- For current students: You must be in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher, no holds on account).
- For incoming students: This will be determined by your undergraduate transcripts.
- Experience hosting student activities and managing large events.
- A GRE verbal score in the 40th percentile or higher at the time of admission (for incoming students only).
- For international students: 100 on the TOEFL or 7.0 overall on the IELTS at the time of admission (for current and incoming students).
Duration and Compensation
SEAS Graduate Ambassadors work for one academic year on a part-time basis (20 hours per week) and are compensated through a $1,000 stipend + $15 per hour wage.
The 20 hours per week may be distributed in various ways, including (but not limited to): working in our offices in the Science and Engineering Hall; attending recruiting and outreach events with admissions officers; hosting events for current and prospective students; attending occasional events on weekends with staff and other students.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year have closed. Please check back in April 2018.