Visa Information

Obtaining a US student visa

If you have been admitted to a graduate program at the School of Engineering & Applied Science and require a visa to study in the United States, our office will work with you and the GW International Services Office (ISO) to obtain the I-20 or DS-2019 forms necessary to request an F-1 or J-1 visa from the U.S. government.

Please do not attempt to begin the visa process until you have been contacted by our office. If you provided a visa request form with your application, we will send you an email confirming receipt of your form. If you did not provide the form with your application, we will contact you to request this information. 

Steps to Obtain an I-20 or DS-2019 Form (PDF)