Offered on GW's main campus in Washington, DC, the Master of Science in Systems Engineering provides broad knowledge of the "systems approach" for designing and managing large-scale engineering systems throughout a system lifecycle.
Areas of Focus
Students may choose from the following areas of focus to tailor their coursework. Required courses for each area can be found in the GW Bulletin.
- Operations Research and Management Science: This focus area prepares students to apply quantitative, computational, and analytical methods to solve operational or strategic decision problems faced by managers.
- Systems Engineering and Modeling: This focus area equips students with the skills to design, integrate, and manage large-scale complex systems over their lifecycle, through practical applications of key systems engineering concepts and analytical tools.
Online and On-Site Programs
If you are seeking to complete this program online, please view the requirements and apply at the online Master of Science in Systems Engineering website.
- Credit hours: 36
- Number of courses: 12
- Duration: Two years (full-time) or three years (part-time)
- Bachelor's degree in any field.
- Grade of B- or higher achieved in Single-Variable Calculus coursework or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent achieved on the final 60 credit hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Successful submission of online application form, exam scores and other documents as outlined in the admissions requirements.
Get further insights into the career options and outcomes for students and alumni of the Systems Engineering program.
- Master's Programs
- Applied Computer Science
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Cybersecurity in Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Regulatory Biomedical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Five-Year Program
- Preferred International Partnership Program
- ADA & GW SEAS Partnership Program
- Gateway to Computer Science
- NYU Tandon Bridge Program
- Flex-Start Program
- Online Programs