Master's Scholarships and Assistantships

GW offers funding options for both domestic and international master's degree students through scholarships, fellowships, Graduate Assistantships (GA), and Research Assistantships (RA).

Scholarships, Fellowships, Assistantships

Qualifications for Prospective Students

Due to limited availability and restricted amounts, funding opportunities at the School of Engineering & Applied Science are extremely competitive. Although there is no strict criteria to qualify for funding, master's applicants generally meet certain criteria in order to be considered competitive:

  • Provide three (3) letters of recommendation with their online application.

  • Achieve higher-than-average percentile rankings on the GRE (90th percentile for the quantitative section, 50th percentile for the verbal section).

  • For international students: Meet the minimum scores on the TOEFL or IELTS for the selected program.

How to Apply

For prospective students, please indicate your request for funding through the online application form as you apply for your select graduate program.

For current students, funding opportunities are available through your academic department and professors. Please inquire directly to your program office or faculty advisor.