The Master of Science in Electrical Engineering is designed to help students understand and apply the principles of electrical engineering to the next generation of technologies improving communications, power and energy systems and micro- and nano-electronics.
Areas of Focus
Students working toward the master of science degree may choose one of the following focus areas for their studies:
- Applied Electromagnetics
- Communications and Networks
- Electrical Power and Energy
- Electronics, Photonics and MEMS
- Signal and Image Processing, Systems, and Controls
- Credit hours: 30
- Thesis options: Thesis and non-thesis options available. Thesis students reserve 6 credit hours for research, while non-thesis students take additional coursework to fulfill remaining credit hours.
- Duration: Two years (full-time) or three years (part-time)
The department offers a Fall, Spring or Summer semester program entry for its MS program. To apply for Summer semester entry for the MS program, the deadline is March 1. (Non-F1 Visa-seeking applicants only unless exception requested by a faculty advisor)
- Preferred bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- May be admitted to the program with a bachelor's in a different field with a condition of taking deficiency courses.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent achieved at the time of bachelor's degree completion.
- Successful submission of online application form, exam scores and other documents as outlined in the admissions requirements.
- Master's Programs
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Cybersecurity in Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Regulatory Biomedical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Five-Year Program
- Preferred International Partnership Program
- Booz Allen Hamilton Corporate Partnership Program
- Flex-Start Program
- Online Programs