The Master of Science in Computer Engineering prepares students to apply sophisticated computer architecture and integrated circuit design techniques toward modern computing systems using industry-standard design tools. Faculty and students work together to explore solutions for photonic computing; create state-of-the-art advances in high-performance computing; and improve the reliability of cloud computing.
The program offers up-to-date knowledge and skills in the advances of computer systems architecture and networking, as well as the rapidly-growing use of superscalar microprocessors, real-time embedded systems, VLSI and ASIC design modules, digital signal processors and networked computing platforms.
Areas of Focus
Students working toward the master of science degree may choose one of the following focus areas for their studies:
- Credit hours: 30
- Thesis options: Students who choose to complete a thesis take 24 credit hours of course work and 6 credit hours for thesis research. These 6 credit hours must be taken over two semesters. Students who choose the non-thesis option take 30 credit hours of coursework.
- Duration: Two years (full-time) or three years (part-time)
The department offers a Fall, Spring or Summer semester program entry for its MS program. To apply for Summer semester entry for the MS program, the deadline is March 1. (Non-F1 Visa-seeking applicants only unless exception requested by a faculty advisor)
- Preferred bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science.
- Admission may be offered with a bachelor's degree in another field on the condition of deficiency courses.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (out of a 4.0 scale) or equivalent achieved at the time of bachelor's degree completion.
Successful submission of online application form, exam scores and other documents as outlined in the admissions requirements.
- Master's Programs
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Cybersecurity in Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Regulatory Biomedical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Five-Year Program
- Preferred International Partnership Program
- Booz Allen Hamilton Corporate Partnership Program
- Flex-Start Program
- Online Programs