Online Certificate Program
Offered through the Environmental and Energy Management Institute (EEMI) in GW's Department of Engineering Management & Systems Engineering, the graduate certificate in Greenhouse Gas Management is administered online and comprised of four courses that provide students with the skills to:
- Apply cost-effective energy management principles to reduce GHG emissions
- Improve environmental performance
- Measure, report, analyze, reduce, trade and verify GHG emissions
- Understand the global implications of greenhouse gas emissions
The program is comprised of 12 credit hours and completed through four courses:
- Climate Change: Policy, Impacts, and Responses
- Greenhouse Gas Management and Reporting
- Greenhouse Gas Mitigation: Projects and Markets
- Greenhouse Gas Management Assurance and Information Systems Design
Prospective students must fulfill the certificate admissions requirements through submission of a complete online application form and other documents as listed by the deadlines noted.
Please note: This in an online program. International applicants are welcome to apply.
Current graduate students who wish to complete a certificate along with their master's or doctoral program must also follow the certificate admissions requirements, but may opt to have their transcripts and documents transferred from their previous application. Please contact [email protected] to make the request.
Transfer to Master's Program
Upon successful completion of a certificate program, students have the option to transfer credits to a full master's program at the School of Engineering & Applied Science, pending successful completion of the master's program admissions requirements.
Please note: You must receive a B or higher in each course in order for it to transfer. Additionally, you must submit a new application for the selected master's program and provide the required documents and exam scores listed as part of the master's program admissions requirements.
For any questions, please contact [email protected].
- Master's Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Computer-Integrated Design in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Security and Information Assurance
- Emergency Management and Public Health
- Energy Engineering and Management
- Engineering and Technology Management
- Environmental and Energy Systems Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Greenhouse Gas Management
- High-Performance Computing
- Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Structural Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Five-Year Program
- Booz Allen Hamilton Cohort